What to expect once you reserve a property with Big Sky Vacation Rentals.
- Link to a rental contract you can sign and return online.
- Confirmation of booking, credit card receipt.
- Email from Big Sky Vacation Rentals with restaurants, activities, etc.
- Payment reminder prior to 60 day payment being due (From our automated system) along with what you can expect to find in your rental for supplies, and amenities.
- Driving Directions to property and Access Code to Lockbox for keys along with arrival instructions, sent 14 days prior to arrival
BASIC TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
CHECK IN TIME IS 4:00 PM
CHECK OUT TIME IS 10:00 AM
ALL PROPERTIES ARE NO PETS AND NO SMOKING UNLESS SPECIFIED
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - The maximum number of guests in the unit is limited to the number of persons specified in the property description. Additional guests will result in an immediate termination of this rental agreement and forfeiture of all rental fees.
PAYMENT - An advance payment equal to 20% of the rental rate is required for deposit to secure your reservation. The advance payment will be applied toward the unit rent. You may pay by credit card using MasterCard, Visa or American Express. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. Sixty (60) days prior to arrival 100% of the remaining balance is due. Upon receipt of full payment amount due, Big Sky Vacation Rentals will email Guest a final confirmation of the reservation along with driving directions and the Property’s lock box code 10 days prior to arrival.
- 20% deposit due at time of booking
- Final balance due 60 days prior to arrival
- Full refund within 48hrs of booking
- Full refund less $100 cancellation fee when canceled 60 or more days prior to arrival
- No refund within 59 days of arrival. If all or a portion of the dates are re-rented a refund will be provided for the re-rented portion at the rate secured on the new reservation. (see below for specific contract language)
There is no refund for early departure on any property. Generali Trip insurance is available to cover trip cancellations. (Please inquire) or click link under Guest Services Tab for details.
(Updated September 20, 2020) Contract Details.
- An advance payment equal to 20% of the rent designated in the Invoice is required for deposit to secure your reservation.
- Payment may be made in the form of check (US Funds Only) or /Visa, MC, Amex, or Discover to BIG SKY VACATION RENTALS.
- The balance of Rent is due at least sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date designated on the Invoice. If Big Sky Vacation Rentals does not receive payment of the Rent at least sixty (60) days prior to the designated arrival date by check, Guest hereby grants Big Sky Vacation Rentals the right to charge Guest designee’s credit card for the unpaid balance of the Rent due on the reservation.
- A sixty (60) day written notice is required for cancellation. If Big Sky Vacation Rentals receives your written notice of cancellation sixty days (60) days or more prior to your arrival date designated on the Invoice, Big Sky Vacation Rentals will refund the deposit payment, less a $100.00 processing fee.
- Written cancellations that are made fifty-nine (59) days or less of the scheduled arrival date forfeit all advance payments - however, cleaning and damage protection fees will be refunded 100%. If the dates are able to be re-rented by another party we will refund the re-rented dates at the rate secured on the re-booking with a maximum refund limited to the original amount paid. Property changes or changing the length of stay will not result in any refund of rent if made within 59 days of arrival. There is no refund of rent for early departure.
- If payments are made by guest designees not listed on the rental agreement the signing party shall remain responsible for the full balance of rent in the event of non-payment, chargeback or insufficient funds by the guest designee.
- In a rare situation that requires the relocation of your reservation, we reserve the right to move you to a property of equal or greater value or cancel your reservation and refund you in full. In no event shall Big Sky Vacation Rentals be liable to Guests for incidental or consequential damages incurred by Guest as a result of the unavailability of the Property. In all circumstances, Big Sky Vacation Rentals maximum liability to Guest shall be limited to the amount of the Total Fees paid by Guest under this Agreement.
2. UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCE
- In the event of an unforeseen circumstance such as the unexpected closure of Big Sky Resort, global pandemic, natural disaster or world events out of the control of the parties and such an event or anything related to the event prohibits travel or the opportunity to stay at the reserved property, Big Sky Vacation Rentals will issue a travel voucher for the full value of the reservation good for up to one year from departure date in the original property reserved. All efforts will be made to match the original reservation; however, if that is not a possibility, the voucher may be applied towards any available property Big Sky Vacation Rentals manages, and Guest is responsible for any difference in rental rate. Please note fear of travel related to Covid-19 or quarantine requirements in your home state are not an unforeseen circumstance. Guest acknowledges that Covid-19 is not an unforeseen circumstance.
- Although every effort is made to maintain a safe environment in the property, illness may occur; whether it be a common cold, influenza, COVID-19 or any other situation causing ill health. Guest agrees that they shall make no claim, whatsoever, against BSVR, the property, property manager, property manager’s agents, all of their successors, heirs, family and assigns arising out of travel, stay or occupancy or for any other exposure that may have caused said illness while promoting the terms of this agreement. Guest specifically agrees that it shall forever waive, indemnify and hold harmless any claims , damages, suits, actions, liabilities and costs of any kind or nature brought against property, property managers, agents, BSVR, its agents, family, heirs or successors arising or resulting from or in any way connected with this Agreement and the action, actions or inactions therefrom.
- Guest agrees to follow Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”) guidelines and stay at home, cancel or postpone reservation if displaying symptoms of SARS-CoV02, and COVID-19 or any other contagious disease/illness monitored by the CDC. Guest further agrees to notify BSVR should any communicable illness be diagnosed while staying at the Property to help prevent the spread of said illness/disease.
- Please not that cancelling for sickness, fear of travel or quarantine requirements is not a refundable event.
3. TRAVEL INSURANCE
- You have the option of adding Travel Protection Insurance at the time of booking. This insurance may be added up until 60 days prior to arrival. You may choose to accept or decline. This insurance may protect you against unforeseen circumstances like travel delays, illness, medical issues, etc. Cost is 7.1% of your reservation total.
- Travel Protection is non-refundable 10 days after purchase/acceptance or if final payment has been made regardless of property cancellation policy. Insurance is provided through a third party vendor.
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE WAIVER - This Vacation Rental Damage Waiver covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The waiver will pay a maximum benefit of $2,000.00. Any damages that exceed $2,000.00 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, a Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the waiver will reimburse the Person for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $2,000.00. The waiver does not cover intentional damage. The Security Deposit Waiver is $59.00. It is your responsibility to report unintentional damage that is caused to your Property. Please contact Big Sky Vacation Rentals directly if you do not wish to participate in this waiver or assignment. In such case, a $2,000.00 charge will be placed on your credit card until departure inspection is completed.